Corrupted SharePoint Blog Post.aspx page and how to fix it

This is one possible solution which can also be applied to O365(possibly).

The solution is to re-activate two features related to Blogs site. These features should re-create the broken post.aspx page.

BlogContent $Resources:core,blogContentFeatureTitle; Web 0d1c50f7-0309-431c-adfb-b777d5473a65 $Resources:core,blogContentFeatureDesc;
BlogHomePage Blog Home Page Web e4639bb7-6e95-4e2f-b562-03b832dd4793 Creates the default.aspx page for the a Blog s
Advertisements

Error when trying to access Source Control with Team Explorer

The problem is as described in the title. This was in my case due to corrupted Visual Studio version control cached data.

I fixed it like this:

Run this in Visual Studio Comman Prompt:

devenv.exe /resetuserdata

Then navigate to your TFS data on HD, it should be around here:

c:\users\developer\appdata\local\microsoft\team foundation

There delete without mercy under the cache subfolder everything. Just be sure to backup the folder data before you do this, just in case.

SharePoint 2013 List threshold error and retrieving data – Unable to execute query: Error 0x80070024

If you get the following error when your users have less privileges than let’s say and admin:

Unable to execute query: Error 0x80070024The attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold

This is due to the problem that an admin is not affected by list threshold limits while a normal user is bound by these restrictions. Now you could go to Central Admin and change the threshold value from the web application management BUT this is not advisable unless you really know that you are doing. Changing this value may affect the performance of the site in a negative way.

What to do instead is to index the list through a column. In my situation I made a query from an app and needed only the title column data. So I indexed this field. For more info check these links from Microsoft:

https://support.office.com/en-nz/article/Manage-lists-and-libraries-with-many-items-fba0c8b7-79bb-4ea4-9aff-bf145a689e8e#bm2

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Manage-lists-and-libraries-with-many-items-b8588dae-9387-48c2-9248-c24122f07c59

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff798465.aspx

O365 – CSOM Check if a user does not exist in your tenant anymore

I had a situation where I needed to make sure if a user does not exist anymore in the O365 system. I had to use CSOM for this solution and no matter how I tried I could not get any indication that a user has been deleted from the system.

I tried the IsActive field and Deleted field of an user object but no luck. No matter what I did even if the user was deleted and the expiration date of 30 days expired the user was still active.

My solution was that I checked to see if CSOM could retrieve a user profile data. If no data could be retrieved then this is an indication that the user profile has been deleted, hence the user has been deleted from the system. That is it. I used a field like account name since I know it must exist for all users.

There may be a “proper” solution for this but I just could not find one no matter how hard I tried(or maybe I just looked in the wrong place 🙂 ). Anyway see my previous post on how to get user profile information on how to do this workaround:

https://lionadi.wordpress.com/2015/09/16/o365-csom-getting-user-profile-information-without-possible-errors/

O365 Add-In(App) Error: “Sorry, only tenant administrators can add or give access to this app.”

On the web there are many answers to this problem mine was simply related to the permission requests in the APP and the user account privileges in O365.

In my case I accidentally requested permission on tenant level while I needed only Site Collection level permission for my app. This lead to situations where my app was visible to be added by someone whom can manage apps in a site BUT did not have permissions to approve permission requests at Tenant level.

So lesson learned: Check your app and user permissions/privileges.