In this post I wanted to show you a way of hosting a custom logging API that uses Elasticsearch, Kibana and MongoDB.
In the github link you will find the following:
- A docker-compose file that contains the definitions needed to create the environment
- Docker image definitions for Kibana, Elasticsearch and MongoDB
Things to know
- Both Kibana and Elasticsearch don’t use X-Pack as a security measure, the original image definition that I used as the basis used SearchGuard but I wanted to create something that is free to use.
- For a simple authentication I used Nginx reverse-proxies images.
- The mongoDB uses and needs credentials to access
- The LogAPI would use TSL and basic auth at the moment.
- Adding token based authentication
- Adding the LogAPI nodejs code
- Using Readonlyrest to add security between Elasticsearch and Kibana
This is a work in progress
The docker compose file